We Provide Several Services For Your Convenience and Satisfaction
Diabetes is a condition where people don't produce enough insulin to meet their body's needs and/or their cells don't respond properly to Insulin. Insulin is crucial in regulating the breakdown of glucose in the body.
There are two main kinds of diabetes:
- type 1 diabetes
- type 2 diabetes
Type 1 diabetics constantly require insulin to survive.
Type 2 diabetes (also known as non-insulin dependant). This condition affects, more commonly, in the middle age. It is one of the most commonly affecting conditions in North America.
Type 2 diabetics can play an enormous role in managing their condition by:
- make lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise
- use medication
- monitor blood glucose levels
Traditionally most diabetics are well aware of their condition and are fully versed in do's and don'ts they need to follow. Even then there is a significant population of diabetics, and newly diagnosed patients can use the services of a Certified Diabetic Educator (CDE).
Our CDE Pharmacist can help our diabetic patients in:
- In proper monitoring of blood glucose.
- Help in selecting better BG monitoring device
- Teach about healthy lifestyle modifications such as, Nutrition management, Weight control, proper exercises.
- Increase their awareness by informing about long term complications of the disease.
- Evaluate drug therapy and offer consultation with their physician.
- Review insulin injection techniques, if the patient is an insulin dependant.
- Address any other concern that may arise during an interaction with a patient.